AWARE ARC is proud to present this training webinar for vets and animal services. This webinar is presented by Dr Anne Quain, lecturer at The University of Sydney School of Veterinary Science.
The training has been approved for 1 CPD point by the Veterinary Practitioners Board of NSW and the Australian Veterinary Association. It is aligned to the VPB NSW’s Guidance Note and the AVA Policy on Animal Abuse and DFVA.
- Understanding of the link between animal abuse and domestic and family violence and abuse (DFVA)
- Ability to recognise signs of DFVA perpetrated against animals and to understand the impacts of violence
- Ability to respond to suspected animal abuse or neglect and to disclosures of DFVA from a person
- Awareness of legal protections for animal victim-survivors of DFVA and veterinary practitioners
- Insight into how to improve a veterinary and animal service’s capacity to recognise and respond to DFVA
- Understanding of how to reduce and manage risks related to DFVA for a veterinary practice
- Awareness of privacy and confidentiality issues relating to DFVA that should be considered